1. Why was President Harry Truman so unprepared for the presidency ? (pg.607)
2. Describe the "leadership methods" of Iosif Vissaronovich Dzhugashvili (Stalin).
3. Contrast the the weaknesses of Chaing Kai-Shek's Nationalist government with the strengths of Mao Zedong's Communists.(pgs.613-614)
Nationalists weaknesses -
Communists' strengths -
4. How did Americans react when the Communists came to power in China 1949 ?
5. Explain why President Truman decided to commit US forces to the Korean Conflict in 1950 ? (pg.615)
6. What war-making precedent did Truman establish when he sent armed forces to Korea ?
7. How did the involvement of Communist China affect the course of the war ?
8. How did General MacArthur want to deal with China after it entered the war ?
9. Why did Truman fire MacArthur ?
10. Why did Truman want a "limited war" ?
The Hollywood Ten
Senator Joseph McCarthy