1. What were two obstacles faced by John Kennedy in his campaign for the presidency in 1960 ? (pg.671)
2. Regarding the 1960 Nixon-Kennedy television debate: "That night, image replaced the printed word as the natural language of politics" (explain) (pg.671)
3. Why did Kennedy authorize the Bay of Pigs invasion ? (pg.673)
4. What were the consequences of the failed invasion for the JFK and American prestige ?
5. How was it resolved ?
6. What caused the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962 ?
7. What effect did the crisis have on the reputations of Nikita Khruschev and Kennedy ?
8. Why did Khrushchev order the construction of the Berlin Wall in 1961 ?
Limited Test Ban Treaty
9. What factors might explain the public's fascination with the Kennedy's as a family ? (pg.678)
10. Why did Kennedy encounter such difficulty fulfilling his New Frontier proposals ? (pgs.678-679)
11. What is the main reason reason Kennedy committed the country to landing a man on the moon before the end of the decade ?
12. What was the conclusion of Warren Commission ? (pg.682)
13.Why did the Warren Commission's report cause such controversy ? (pg.682)
Alan Shepard (pg.677)
Peace Corps (pg.679)
Alliance for Progress (pg.679)
Yuri Gargarin (pg.680)
Neil Armstrong (pg.680)