1. Click the NEWS SOURCES link on the class website.
2. Click on the KIDON link (to access a vast array of national and international papers).
3. Scan the front page of five U.S. newspapers.
4. Scan the front page of five overseas newspapers.
5. For each newspaper draw a conclusion regarding:
(a) the type of topics the "gatekeepers" consider to be newsworthy
(b) editorial bias (Does the paper appear to reflect a liberal or conservative viewpoint or does it appear to be neutral ?)
6. Download two political cartoons dealing with a contemporary political issue and determine the bias of its creator (check out http://www.politicalcartoons.com>.