1. Who is the "banana guy" sitting near President Clinton ?
2. Why does the President know the banana guy ?
3. What did the banana guy want from the government and how
did he get it ?
4. How did the issue of bananas get into the congressional
budget debate ?
5. Who's phone messages does a member of Congress usually respond
6. Why did the White House make economic threats against Colombia and Costa Rica ?
7. What has been the historic link between people of wealth and the political system ?
8.What does support mean ?
9. Who did Duane Andreas contribute to when he first started to "support" politicians ?
10.What is the rule regarding how much ya person can contribute
directly to a candidate?
11. What are some of the ways lobbyists can contribute soft
money to a politician ?
12. Why do they Duane Andreas the "$400,000 man"
13. Approximately how much money do you need to raise in order to make a serious run for the presidency ?
14. How many hours a day does a presidential candidate need to spend on fundraising ?
15. What were some of the ways a donor could contribute to Bob Dole ?
16. Who were Bob Dole's top four lifetime contributors ?
17. Who are Ernest, Julio, and Joseph Gallo ?
18. What did they want and what techniques did Ernest
use to "pursuade" politicians ?
19. How did Ernest and Julio treat brother Joseph ?
20. Who did the Gallo's contribute to in order to lower their inheritance taxes ?
21. Who were the biggest recipients of Gallo money ?
22. How much did they contribute to Bob Dole ?
23. How much did the Gallo's save in relation to the amount of "support" they contributed ?
24. What is the method used by contributors to avoid being directly linked to the candidate ?
25. How can a contributor hide money ?
26. How does Duane Andreas "service" his clients
27. What are Gulf Streams and how are they used to influence
28. How much does it cost to operate Air Force One and how much does the President pay ?
29. How can the wives of presidential candidates benefit
from contributions ?
30. What does Chuck Lewis mean when he refers to the presidential campaign as an auction ?
31. Who are President Clinton's top five lifetime contributors ?
32. How did campaign finance reform in the '70's force candidates to spend more time raising money ?
33. How much money did Clinton raise each day during the '96 campaign ?
34. What is the market promotiom program ?
35. How did president Clinton help the Gallo's ?
36. What is T.J. Roger's attitude towards government ?
37. How did the Clinton campaign try to squeeze money out of Silicon Valley (ex. T.J. Rogers ) ?
38. How much money did he raise here ?
39. What was the conflict between Vice President Gore and the Silicon Valley CEO's ?
40. How did Clinton give the Valley access to the White House ?
41. Why did Vice President Gore suddenly "change his mind"
regarding the role of the federal government in the funding and
building of the internet ?
42.What is the menu ?
43. What is a trade mission and how are the participants chosen ?
44. What is the main argument against trade missions ?
45. How is it determined who gets the "good" seats on a trade mission flight ?
46. Where does the smart money go?
47. Why is it so difficult for Congress to bring about campaign finance reform ?